Sunday, October 11, 2009

Soar / Sore

Soar (v)
  1. To rise, fly, or glide high and with little apparent effort.

  2. To climb swiftly or powerfully.

  3. To glide in an aircraft while maintaining altitude.

My spirit soared higher as the end of the semester is closing near, summer is drawing closer as I am typing away. My mood has been stirred, feeling less gloomier or miserable than before. One of the reason maybe the stress of my assignment, but that is part of the package when I had decided to quit my job to further my studies. And I am happy to say that I have manage to live through this thrilling semester. 2 more semesters to go, for a reminder to keep me optimistic about life and what is ahead.

Sore (adj)
  1. Painful to the touch; tender.

  2. Feeling physical pain; hurting

Lately I have been cooped up at home, trying hard to finish all the endless assignment; the result of it is rewarding, as I have learnt to deal and understand the different situation and culture studying in a foreign country.

I need to get some fresh air, to ease down the tension I am facing. Missing home, my pet dogs and all my friends. Went out for a short jog after all these months, didn't know I had missed out so much, nice weather, seeing bright blue skies, feeling the cool breeze brushing against me, it is simply a wonderful feeling. Came back with sored muscles all over my body. Telling myself, I need to exercise more to keep up, feeling old. Sored and ached. *ouch*

No comments:

Post a Comment